To provide health pre-professional students with guidance, resources and support to assist with preparation for advanced health professional schools.
1. To provide guest speakers to address professional school issues and life as a health-care professional.
Guest speakers will include:
¨ Individuals working in various health fields
¨ Students enrolled in health professional schools
¨ Representatives from various health professional schools
¨ Individuals knowledgeable in the areas of the application and testing process.
2. To develop a peer support group for health pre-professional students that provides academic and moral support among fellow students.
3. To provide a mentoring program with students currently in professional schools (medical, pharmacy, dental, etc.) and with HCC faculty.
4. To provide community service and volunteer opportunities for students.
5. To create opportunities for leadership and for working in conjunction with the Student Government Association (SGA).
6. To provide opportunities to develop professionalism.
7. To provide health professional school resource center (on-campus and virtual) and on-line workshops to assist in developing a 4-year academic plan and application preparation resources.
HPPO is open to students on all campuses.